With our optional Debit Card Roundup, every purchase you make is rounded up to the nearest dollar. The "Roundup" is then deposited into a savings account of your choice. Every time you swipe your debit card, you'll be saving money!
How Does Debit Card Roundup Work?
you use your Union Square Debit Card, the transaction will be rounded up to the
next full dollar amount. At the end of each business day, the accumulated
amount from each of the transactions will be transferred from your checking
account to your savings account as a
If you go to your favorite coffee shop and spend $5.51, the transaction that
posts to your account will be exactly $5.51 but you will deduct $6.00 from your
check register. At the end of the day, that extra 49¢ (along with any other
amounts calculated on other purchases throughout the day) will be transferred
from your checking to your designated savings account. The next day, you go
back to your favorite coffee shop and spend $2.56 and then to the gas station
and spend $32.43, at the end of the day $1.01 will be transferred to your designated
savings account and you will have deducted $3.00 and $33.00 from your check
Do I Get Started?
no cost to enroll. Simply visit one of our four branches or call 940.720.8000
to get signed up for Debit Card Roundup. Once you’re enrolled just watch
your savings grow.
Else Do I Need To Know?
- Debit Card Roundup is only available if you have a Union Square Debit Card linked to a Union Square Checking account.
- Both signature-based and PIN-based debit card transactions qualify for Debit Card Roundup; ATM transactions do not qualify.
- If you enroll, all qualifying transactions from debit cards attached to your checking account will be included in the roundup.
- If your debit card purchase is canceled or reversed, such as a returned purchase, the corresponding Debit Card Roundup will remain in the savings account.
- Credit transactions or adjustment transactions will not be rounded up.
- The roundup transfer will not overdraw your account if the funds are not available to complete the transfer.
- Union Square may cancel or modify the Debit Card Roundup service at any time.
The program is free so don’t wait to Roundup more