The recent Equifax data breach has left millions of Americans impacted. Union Square Credit Union is committed to providing our members with resources to educate and assist during this time. Below are pages to aid in identifying whether you may have been impacted and what you can do to help protect your information.
- Equifax's notification of the breach webpage, including identity theft prevention tips and regulatory contact information;
- Equifax's check for potential impact webpage;
- Equifax's enrollment for credit protection webpage – (note Equifax has backtracked its conditioning of credit protection services on arbitration agreements.);
- Equifax's FAQs on the breach;
- FTC's The Equifax Data Breach: What to Do webpage;
- IdentityTheft.gov provides consumer-facing guidance specific to the Equifax breach and specific to the information lost;
- CFPB blog post Identity theft protection following the Equifax data breach;
- Members can be reminded of their ability to access their credit reports at AnnualCreditReport.com.
Union Square Credit Union has multiple ways to monitor transactions and securely access your accounts. You will need to contact us immediately if you see anything out of the ordinary on your accounts when viewing online banking, mobile, or statements. Below are some tips to follow and ways to help monitor and safeguard your accounts.
- Don’t respond to email, text or telephone calls asking for personal or financial information -USCU Online Security
- Frequently review account activity and immediately report unauthorized transactions – One way to do this is by usingOnline banking and Mobile Alerts. Enroll today. USCU Enroll Online
- Place an initial fraud alert with credit bureaus if fraud has occurred – Contact one credit reporting company and ask to put a fraud alert on the credit file. Here is some additional information. FTC - Fraud Alerts
- Enroll and opt-in for transaction monitoring - USCU Enroll Online
- Use card on/off switches (if available) – Card Valet
- Enroll in MasterCard Secure Code – Free service by MasterCard. To register, click here. MasterCard Secure Code