Credit Unions are unique. Credit Unions aren’t banks.
The Best Place to Bank, Isn't a Bank.
As a Union Square Credit Union member, you are a member-owner, which means you can participate in electing Union Square’s Board of Directors, and all members have an equal vote, no matter the amount of money in a member’s account(s) or the number of services used. Credit unions are member-based, not-for-profit organizations. Profits are returned to members in the form of attractive savings and loan rates. In contrast, banks focus on profits for their shareholders. Union Square Credit Union members know, THE BEST PLACE TO BANK, ISN’T A BANK!
More benefits of membership
- Higher yields on savings and certificates compared to commercial banks, and exclusive account products. Plus, all accounts are federally insured.
- Generally, lower loan rates compared to commercial banks.
- Lower service fees compared to fees charged by commercial banks.
- Unsecured personal loans - members are eligible for unsecured loans.
- Low-rate credit cards.
- Robust websites to allow for online banking and bill payment.
- Access to thousands of ATM locations worldwide.
- Lifetime membership—once you become a member, you can remain a member, even if you move across the country.
- Immediate family members automatically qualify for membership.
- Early payday*! Receive direct deposits up to three (3) days sooner. Many companies and government agencies send pay electronically before an employee’s payday. Other financial institutions hold the money, not Union Square Credit Union. Members who have direct deposit receive their money when Union Square Credit Union receives the money.
*Early Payday offers immediate credit of your direct deposit to your Union Square Credit Union account up to three (3) days early based upon when we receive your payroll from your employer. USCU cannot assume any liability for not depositing these funds to your account early. You agree to be bound by Automated Clearing House association rules. These rules provide, among other things, that payments made to you are provisional until final settlement is made through a Federal Reserve Bank or payment is otherwise made as provided in Article 4A-403(a) of the Uniform Commercial Code. If Union Square does not receive such payment, we are entitled to a refund from you in the amount credited to your account.