1. Credit unions typically pay higher yields on savings and certificates compared to commercial banks. Plus, accounts are federally insured.
2. Credit unions’ loan rates are generally lower than those at commercial banks. Consider refinancing your bank loans and credit card balances at the credit union to save money.
3. Credit union service fees are often lower than the fees charged for similar services at commercial banks.
4. Credit unions still make small unsecured loans. Many banks no longer make small personal loans.
5. Credit unions offer low-rate credit cards. Plus, you may qualify for a credit union when a bank would not extend you credit. Transferring high rate bank and store credit card balances to a credit union credit card could result in significant savings.
6. Credit unions have robust Websites that allow you to obtain information and do your banking and bill payments online.
7. Credit unions belong to ATM networks that allow you to make withdrawals from your account at thousands of locations nationwide.
8. Credit unions are member-based non-profit organizations. When you join, you become a member-owner and can participate in electing the Board of Directors. All members have an equal vote, no matter the amount of money in your account(s) or the number of services you use. Profits are returned to members in the form of attractive savings and loan rates. In contrast, banks focus on profits for their shareholders.
9. Credit union membership is a lifetime benefit. Once you become a member, you can remain a member even if you change jobs or move to another area of the country.
10. Your immediate family members are also eligible for credit union membership. Encourage them to join the credit union soon so they can enjoy the same benefits that you do.
11. With our early payday you now have access to your money up to 3 days before everyone else. Many companies and government agencies send your pay electronically before your normal payday. Other financial institutions hold your money, not Union Square Credit Union. If you have direct deposit with us and we receive your pay early, we will make it available to you!
It pays to have your account with Union Square Credit Union. All you have to do to take advantage of the early payday benefit is sign up for direct deposit into your Union Square checking account and you are automatically enrolled.
At Union Square you are more than just a member, you are a member of our family, and we are excited to offer our family members an early payday!*
*Early Payday offers credit of your direct deposits to your Union Square Credit Union account up to three (3) days early based upon when we receive your payroll from your employer.