Send and Receive Money with Zelle®
Zelle® is a convenient way to send money right from your mobile banking app or online banking account.
Mobilize your Money with Zelle®
Important Note - Transfer money with Zelle® only to known individuals and verified recipients. Zelle® transfers occur instantly, and if money is sent to the wrong person, it is most likely unretrievable.
Whether it’s saving you a trip to the ATM or taking the guesswork out of divvying up the cost of the lunch tab, Zelle® is a fast, safe, and easy way to send and request money with friends, family, and others you trust.
Money is sent directly to the recipient’s account and is typically available in minutes1, and to send money, all you need is the recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile phone number.”
Send money fast in just a few steps.
Settle up with roommates, friends, and more, regardless of where.
Easily divide the cost of the dinner check, coffee and more.
Enroll in Zelle® Now
- Login to Union Square mobile app.
- Under Accounts > Quick Links select "Send money with Zelle®".
- Select or enter a new contact.
- Enter amount.
- Login to Union Square online banking.
- Under Payments > Bill Payments select "Send money with Zelle®".
Select or enter a new contact.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Zelle®?
Zelle® is a fast, safe and easy way to send money directly between almost any bank account in the U.S., typically within minutes1. With just an email address or U.S. mobile phone number, you can send money to people you trust, regardless of where they bank2.
Who can I send money to with Zelle®?
You can send money to friends, family, and others you trust2.
Since money is sent directly from your bank account to another person’s bank account within minutes1, it’s important to only send money to people you trust, and always ensure you’ve used the correct email address or U.S. mobile number.
How do I use Zelle®?
You can send, request, or receive money with Zelle®.
- To get started, log into Union Square CU’s online banking or mobile app, navigate to Bill Pay and select “Send Money with Zelle®”. Accept terms and conditions, enter your email address or U.S. mobile phone number, receive a one-time verification code, enter it, and you’re ready to start sending and receiving with Zelle®.
- To send money using Zelle®, simply add a trusted recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile phone number, enter the amount you’d like to send and an optional note, review, then hit “Send.” In most cases, the money is available to your recipient in minutes1.
- To request money using Zelle®, choose “Request,” select the individual(s) from whom you’d like to request money, enter the amount you’d like to request, include an optional note, review, and hit “Request”3.
- To receive money, just share your enrolled email address or U.S. mobile phone number with a friend and ask them to send you money with Zelle®.
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android, Google Play, and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc. Data charges may apply. Check with your mobile phone carrier for details. Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
1Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile number is already enrolled with Zelle.
2Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle.
3In order to send payment requests or split payment requests to a U.S. mobile number, the mobile number must already be enrolled with Zelle.