Electronic Funds Transfer
Your Rights and Responsibilities
Generally. Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your card, PIN and/or code has been lost or stolen, or if you believe that an electronic fund transfer has been made without your permission using information from your check. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account plus your maximum overdraft line of credit and Courtesy Pay limit. You must promptly notify us of the loss or theft of your card or the possible unauthorized use of your Card.
Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, including those made by card, PIN, code or other means, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
Under the Zero liability policy, you will not be liable for any unauthorized transactions using your MasterCard Debit Card if: (i) you can demonstrate that you have exercised reasonable care in safeguarding your card from the risk of loss or theft, and (ii) upon becoming aware of a loss or theft, you promptly report the loss or theft to us. This does not apply to an entity other than a natural person or for commercial purpose. MasterCard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.
Contact in event of unauthorized transfer.
If you believe your card, PIN and/or code has been lost or stolen, call: 940-720-8000 or toll free at 800-600-7517 or write: Union Square Credit Union, 1401 Holliday, Wichita Falls, TX 76301.
You should also call the number or write to the address listed above if you believe a transfer has been made using the information from your check without your permission.
For purposes of these disclosures, our business days are Monday through Saturday. Holidays are not included.
Transfer types and limitations
Account access . You may use your card, PIN and/or code to:
· Withdraw cash from your share draft or share savings account.
· Make deposits to your share draft or share savings account.
· Transfer funds between your share draft and share savings accounts whenever you request.
· Obtain balance information on your share draft and share savings accounts whenever you request.
· Access a line of credit account (for overdraft protection purposes only).
· Pay for purchases at places that have agreed to accept the card, PIN and/or code.
· Pay bills directly by telephone from your share draft or share savings account in the amounts and on the days you request.
Some of these services may not be available at all terminals.
Electronic check conversion. You may authorize a merchant or other payee to make a one-time electronic payment from your share draft account using information from your check to:
· Pay for purchases.
· Pay bills.
Limitations on Frequency and Amount of MasterCard Debit Card transactions may apply:
· Maximum of 12 PIN Debit Card transactions per day for Point of Sale purchases with cash back or ATM withdrawals.
· Maximum number of 20 Debit Card purchases or Point of Sale Transactions per day.
· Maximum amount of $2,500.00 per day for Point of Sale transactions, if there are available funds in the account.
· Maximum amount of $1,000 per day for ATM withdrawals, if there are available funds in the account.
We do not charge for any signature Debit Card purchases at the present time. We do not charge for any signature point-of-sale transactions at the present time.
· $1.00 charge only for ATM withdrawals at machines we do not own.
· Replacement card fee of $5.00
· Non-sufficient funds fee of $30.00 per item.
· Courtesy pay fee of $30.00 per item.
· Foreign Transaction Fee of 1% of the transaction amount.
We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make:
· Where it is necessary for completing transfers, or
· In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant, or
· In order to comply with government agency or court orders, or
· If you give us your written permission.
Terminal transfers. You can get a receipt at the time you make any transfer to or from your account using one of our automated teller machines or point-of-sale terminals.
Preauthorized credits. If you have arranged to have direct deposits made to your account at least once every 60 days from the same person or company, you can call us at 940-720-8000 or toll free at 800-600-7517 to find out whether or not the deposit has been made.
Periodic statements. You will get a monthly account statement (unless there are no transfers in a particular month. In any case you will get the statement at least quarterly).
Right to stop payment and procedure for doing so. If you have told us in advance to make regular payments out of your account, you can stop any of these payments. Here's how:
Call us at 940-720-8000 or toll free at 800-600-7517, or write us at Union Square Credit Union, 1401 Holliday, Wichita Falls, TX 76301 in time for us to receive your request 3 business days or more before the payment is scheduled to be made. If you call, we may also require you to put your request in writing and get it to us within 14 days after you call. (We will charge you for each stop-payment order you give. Refer to USCU Fee Schedule for applicable amount)
Notice of varying amounts. If these regular payments may vary in amount, the person you are going to pay will tell you, 10 days before each payment, when it will be made and how much it will be. (You may choose instead to get this notice only when the payment would differ by more than a certain amount from the previous payment, or when the amount would fall outside certain limits that you set.)
Liability for failure to stop payment of preauthorized transfer. If you order us to stop one of these payments 3 business days or more before the transfer is scheduled, and we do not do so, we will be liable for your losses or damages.
Financial institution's liability
If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
1. If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer, if any funds in your accounts necessary to complete the transaction are held as uncollected funds or pursuant to our Funds Availability Policy, or if the transaction involves a loan request exceeding your credit limit.
2. If you used your card or PIN in an incorrect manner.
3. If the automated teller machine where you are making the transfer does not have enough cash.
4. If the terminal or system was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer.
5. If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood or power failure) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
6. If the money in your account is subject to legal process or other claim.
7. If funds in your account are pledged as collateral or frozen because of a delinquent loan.
8. If the error was caused by a system of any participating ATM network.
9. If the electronic transfer is not completed as a result of your willful or negligent use of your card, PIN, or any EFT facility for making such transfers.
10. There may be other exceptions stated in our agreement with you.
When you use an ATM not owned by us, you may be charged a fee by the ATM operator or any network used (and you may be charged a fee for a balance inquiry even if you do not complete a fund transfer).